Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Still Up

Addition: do train whistles kind of freak anyone else out? My mom says that they're calming and help her sleep better, since she heard them all the time growing up. God, there's just something about them that unnerves me. My heart rate gets going faster and I just have to wait it out. Maybe I've seen Stand By Me and Fried Green Tomatoes once too often, but they always sound foreboding and dangerous. Perhaps it was that episode of Hey Arnold where Casey Jones is on the renegade train. Who knows.

The mice had a field day today, literally. I gave them the unprecedented liberty of being able to run free in the yard. I do believe they enjoyed it. At first, the one just sat and cowered in the wooden house, sniffing a lot, but then they both explored like crazy. It took a lot of stooping and bribing by means of peanut butter to entice the other one back. I cleaned out their container and they have been very active all night.

I went to the fridge to get something to eat, and believe it or not, found that I was craving broccoli. Um, weird. Maybe I have low iron or something. That's in the realm of reality. I was trying to think of the French word for broccoli at dinner, and came up with a blank. If I had that problem with my host family I'd probably just ask for 'green cauliflower' and hope that they had a good imagination.

I really don't want to get up at 7:45 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home