Thursday, July 20, 2006

Placement

I have to work again today, which is so exciting. It's my first day at the Yogurt Machine, and I seriously hope that I don't screw up the Yogurt Goodness for the campers. I'm really not making that many friends there, which is okay. Ironically, the one guy that talks to me all the time is this guy who received a scholarship from Penn State to study Animal Science. He used to live in the actual ghetto of Philly, and now his mom works at a Uni-Mart.

Oh, I saw my friend Wondor yesterday, the one whose dad is the Minister of Education for Liberia. I definitely need her to set me up some sweet government sinecure.

Received my housing assignment! Woo! It's a sweet deal, since it's a single mother with two kids, aged 14 and 19. Hopefully they'll be boys, but at this point I know I am going to be desperate for companionship. They also have - get this- two cats, a dog, and a ferret! My dad wittily emailed me and said that if I don't learn to speak French then at least I'll speak Ferret. I've heard nothing but negative things about ferrets from the people I've spoken to thus far; ranging from "they stink" to "they bite". I'll not be influenced - I still see them as cute rodents that like to play dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home