Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Swimming

It was really liberating to wake up this morning, since this is the first day in forever that I haven't had work at some job or another. I felt horribly lazy after awhile, so I took the bus down to the White building on a whim and went to a fitness class. Oh, lord! It was torturous. Not being a masochist, I left early and put on a bathing suit so I could swim awhile. I seriously forgot how to swim. It's been years. To prove that, the first time that I got water up my nose accidentally I was flooded (oh, pun) with memories of the learn-to-swim classes I took at the high school pool when I was, I don't know, 6 or 7 years old. That's a long time, folks.

However, both the jacuzzi and the sauna were out of order. Come on, Penn State fitness! But it was like, 95 degrees today so maybe it's not really that much of a hardship.

I went to Citizen's Bank and asked about opening a new account for next year, since my father told me that he was never charged a fee at the ATMs when he was in France. Awesome! Turns out, you need a Circle account with $5000 to start, which I obviously don't have. But, the clerk leaned in slyly, if I get direct deposits from Penn State the balance requirement is waived. I do get direct deposits! From work! I told her sadly that they would stop coming after I left the commons, but she just grinned and said all I needed was one deposit and they never check again. Oh, deception! So I have to go back tomorrow since I was without valid ID and open that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home