Friday, June 30, 2006

Common Work

Dining Services called me in for an interview today, and when they said 'interview', they meant 'you're hired' since they asked me to bring my driver's license, birth certificate, and routing numbers to directly deposit my paychecks. So really, the thrill and anxiety that normally accompanies an interview was somewhat lessened. I start on Thursday at 10:48 (they are precise at East Halls). So I'm working the cafeteria where they only serve the sport camps, which is kind of a bummer since I hate kids, especially boys ages 11-14 who always end up being rude and dropping things.

They seem cool; the shifts are only three hours and instead of paying $1.25 per meal like during the school year, you can eat for free before your shift. Awesome! I love the commons food. I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Wal-Mart.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, Travis and I went food shopping today and I got the delicious chicken poppers (try them! It was like, $1.68 for an entire large cup) and Travis ambitiously purchased an entired roasted Lemon Pepper chicken for something like three dollars. I've been surprisingly hungry lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home