Sunday, June 18, 2006

Why Propaganda Doesn't Work For Me

My first 'real' shift begins today, and I realized that they didn't really train us yesterday. Sure, we got to tour Layaway and the meat department, but there was no explanation as to our jobs. We were forced to watch this crappy movie called "Why Unions Don't Work for Wal-Mart", a blatent propaganda piece if I ever saw it. But their welcome packet intrigued me. Apparently, if I die while working at Wal-Mart (like, not even while working there, just employed in general) they will pay my beneficiaries an entire year's salary. Nice! We also got a booklet about stock options, and how Wal-Mart matched 15% of what you put in. Neat-o.

Did I mention already that I start my Carmike shift today at 10:45? Yeah, it'll be difficult to hurry and get over to W-M by 6:30. That shift goes until midnight. I don't think anyone should contact me tomorrow - I'll be dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home