Friday, June 16, 2006

Nappy

I had almost forgotten the mind-dulling effects of Carmike during the day. Despite the arrival of such classics as Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift and Nacho Libre, the theatre remained very, very empty all day. Another bad feature was that the first set of movies ranged from 11:45 AM to 1:30 PM, which meant that I had to be there at 10:45 to get everything ready, and couldn't really just sit back and chill until two o'clock. It's a hard life I lead.

Tomorrow is the orientation for Wal-Mart and oops! I don't have my birth certificate. I had my mother fax me a copy so hopefully I can stall for another few days. If they say "sorry, you'll have to wait until next Saturday to have orientation" I will be enraged.

When I came home at around 6:30 I watched a little Family Guy and had some chips and salsa, and eventually just succumbed and took a nap, which was the worst idea but so alluring at the time I threw common sense to the winds. I just woke up an hour ago, which will make an interesting night ahead as I desperately try to sleep but am as wide-eyed as Travis after finishing off a bag of jumbo M+M's.

I need more reading material. I'm reading Self-Made Man about the woman who went undercover as a guy for like, a whole year. I can believe that most people didn't realize it, but I wish she would lay the whole "this was a life-changing experience thing for me as a lesbian woman. I'm a lesbian. This is how I react to things as a lesbian" way of writing. She's almost as repetative as Malcolm Gladwell.

I think I need to find a good series of books away from the traditional science-fiction path. Carmike is really hard to keep focused for long periods of time, too. Every shadow that passes outside catches my attention and I automatically look up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home