Sunday, June 11, 2006

Spidery

Last night I found myself completely lost. I had insomnia without the benefit of the internet. I just wandered around my apartment looking at different things. What did sleepless people do before computers? It must have been maddening. So I desperately try to find anything on the computer that would be entertaining, and Solitaire is sadly the best I can do. But even if you win Solitaire, the only reward is those cards dancing. Then you have to do it all over again.

But later, much much later, I found . . . Spider Solitaire. Oooooh. This was a new, exciting version of Solitaire. At first, I was so bad at it. I felt really retarded. Then, I gained skill, and I mastered Spider Solitaire. It felt goooood. I was so confident I upped the level to '2 suited'. Oh, I failed again. I quickly changed it back to regular one-suit and regained confidence.

I went down to take the bus into campus, and realized that the irritating folk at 'Lion's Crossing' didn't put the summer schedule into the holder thing, so I had no idea how long of a wait was ahead. I marched up to this dumb lab, only to find that the bus would have been coming in the next three minutes or so and I had missed it. Arrrrrgh. So I have to grab a copy of the Ride Guide on the bus and paste it into something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home