Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Steak

We all played poker tonight, and I must have some unconscious desire to give money to Rob since he's always the one who wins, but I still like playing. I completely went out the first game and could only sit around and wistfully stare at Thomas' hand, but on the second game (this time for only three dollars instead of five) I totally rocked the house and made $5.70. It's a good thing that I have a hearty dose of frugality in me to temper the gambling streak.

It feels good to be motivated to read again; mainly because it's good to be motivated by doing anything again. I have to return the DVDs to the library tomorrow so I'll peruse the shelves and pick up pounds of light reading.

This evening my father grilled steak for us, to which he said that the cow must have lazed by the beach all day eating bonbons since the meat was so soft and good. It was incredibly tasty. I just had some leftovers.

I get so tired of just laying in bed and not being able to sleep. I try to calm my mind down and just think of like, two unimportant things, but then my brain freaks and flies off on another tangent. Recently, a favorite has been "what should I consider packing when I leave for France?" I'll think about my pants, and shoes, and what's practical, and what's not practical but that I really want to bring anyway, and whether such-and-such shirt is too weird to be worn in a foreign country around people I don't know, or what kind of present I should bring to the host family when I get there. Erin said that gray and black are good, safe colors to wear - lucky me. One of my bigger fears is not that what I'm wearing is weird or bizarre - I'm pretty used to that. I'm worried about looking tacky. That's like, fashion death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home