Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Moreness

My internet just died. It was working well, and all of a sudden the only pages I was reading were "! Server Not Found" ones. I think my computer is trying to tell me something (mainly, get back into bed, it's 2:30 in the morning for crying out loud). So now, I am so desperate to be doing anything but be upstairs in bed that I am typing this out in Notepad. Both my camera and my parents' camera are sitting next to the computer, and I am fighting the urge just to play with them and take silly pictures. That would be nothing but a huge waste of AA batteries, but it's so compelling.

Pretty soon I'll start reading the encyclopedia. I kind of meant that as a joke at first, but now it doesn't sound like a terrible idea. I think we only have random old-looking editions around the house, though. I'd have to suffice with COL-FLO. Staring down at the random collection of books on the shelf (which are mainly there for decor), I am tempted by a Douglas Adams anthology, rereading The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes . . . and that's about it. The rest of them are just old, dusty, and boring.

Oh! We're getting a new refrigerator tomorrow, which is really exciting. It's one of those side-by-side fridge and freezer models, with the ice machine that comes out the door. Another important feature is that it's fingerprint-proof, which is important with my sister around.

I was going to make cupcakes today, and even had the icing and cake mix and everything, but it went up to 92 degrees and even moving seemed a chore, much less sitting and waiting by a hot oven. Those will have to wait for another day.

Hee! The internet came back. The DSL gods are toying with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home