Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thrifting

I feel miraculous today. Grace took me to the Women's Thrift Store on Allen Street, and two things surprised me. One: the walk only took about fifteen minutes, and two: the prices were so low they were practically giving things away. The clothing they had there was hit-or-miss; a lot of ugly sweaters and men's blazers. But the dishware; oh! the dishware! Usually for plates and the like at other thrift stores it ranges from about 50 cents to a dollar. Not here! They were either five or ten cents, and in one very special case, a quarter. They were old-school flowered saucered plates, and I am a sucker for retro dishes. My entire bill (including a cool nurse's uniform) came to six dollars. I shall be posting pictures of the dishes later. They are so pretty.

I think that I shall have to start making weekly Thursday thrift visits. And if that's my only vice, then I consider myself lucky. Good thing I have a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home