Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Carmike 2

God, we had some weirdoes today at work. One guy was practically leering at me over the counter. He orders a small Cherry Coke, and then, chuckling, corrects himself and says that he really wants a large Cherry Coke. Whatever. So I'm filling the cup and he , still leering, asks me "So . . . how much do you make here?"

How much do I make? What the hell?

"I make $5.50 an hour," I reply curtly. God, what lack of manners.

But I can't stay peeved due to the phenomenally good weather today. I wore a t-shirt, and, at times, was hot. But I didn't mind! There was a nice cool breeze every so often. And then it downpoured. And then I learned that the temperature is set to drop forty degrees by tomorrow. It still didn't manage to ruin the day, though.

Guiltily enough, I got totally sidetracked today on J.K. Rowling's official Harry Potter site. I didn't mean to, but there were tidbits of information all over the place. Dear, what I am going to do after book 7? Pore over the rest again, I suppose. I had all of my elaborate theories all set before book 5 came out, and they turned out completely incorrect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home