Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sherlock

Yesterday I asked Spanish Partner about his weekend, and he said that he'd been really busy. "I was a workaholic the whole time," he said. "I drank lots of workohol." Oh, that's a knee-slapper.

I am tentatively using the names Angelina and Miss Lilly for the mice, out of Angelina Ballerina. Those were the only two white mice in the series not named 'Grandpa' or "Mother'.

New book in! The Chemical Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Excellent. They have been written by chemists in the Journal of Chemical Education, so I am a little wary about the quality of the prose, but any Sherlock is good Sherlock.

My Spanish teacher does little things sometimes that bother me. Like today, she misspelled 'helado' to 'helaldo'. I know it doesn't make a difference and I understood what she meant, but come on. She grew up in Texas and has been studying Spanish since the womb. It's ice cream. It's easy. And then, she wrote 'perizosa' rather than 'perezosa'. There were a couple of other ones like that but I shut them out of my memory. She does have an impressive accent, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home