Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fancy Mice

Yesterday when we went back to Petco for the millionth time I thought, "hmm. You know, my last two pets were Fancy Mice. Why don't I go bolder?" So I swallowed my fear and asked the elusive employee to fish me out a . . . hamster. Oh yes. The bigger, badder version of a Fancy Mouse. The first unfortunate thing was that in transit to the Petco box, the hamster peed everywhere. Then it tried to bite its way out on the way home. Then, after I set it in the lovely new bin, it growled and tried to bite me. This was a very unhappy hamster. I cannot even begin to describe the horrible noises this thing made. I wanted to exorcise it. It was a screetchy, raspy, hamster bark. So two hours later we returned it for two female white Fancy Mice. I would have preferred black, since my mother doesn't like the white ones' red beady eyes, but I suppose they are out of season.

Let's check out my mad new photo skill:


I know this is only half of my new pet duo, but the other (identical) mouse is a bit reclusive. I am still unsure what to name them, as I cannot tell them apart. I bought them one of those clear rolly balls and I think they will have a good time with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home