Friday, January 13, 2006

Binge

So, I was a total food-a-holic today. I don't know what happened. It wasn't that I was hungry as much as everything I thought of eating sounded really, really appetizing. I think it's because I didn't eat breakfast this morning, and I had a lot of time during the day to think about tasty things to have once a got home. I chose first a piece of lasagna, then I wanted a pop, then I decided that half a bag of popcorn would be perfect, then the rest of the bag, and then I napped. Cause you know, with all that digesting, the only thing I could do was nap.

I woke up and walked out to the living room when I was hit with an 'ooh . . . some kind of cereal would be great right now'. So I scoped out the cereal cabinet and Life cereal was the winner. Mmmm. So now I have had enough to last me for days. I'm even tempted now to go get a glass of Simply Orange but I think that my small intestine would leap out of my throat and strangle me.

Spanish Partner got his desk and chair all tangled up today while moving over to the wall and blurted out, "Oops! I pulled a you!". It happened to me one time. My chair and desk were momentarily attached. No composure was lost, my dignity was intact, and I didn't even remember it. However, in Spanish Partner's mind awkward moments involving chair+desk hijinks are considered 'pulling a me'. Wonderful.

In other news, my academic adviser has an eye which if not quite lazy, is certainly comfortable resting off to one side at an angle. Where do you look? Does she notice? Maybe that's the reason she doesn't like me. I always get this impression talking to her that I am wasting her time with foolish questions. It's not like I monopolize her time. I've been to her office a grand total of three times in a year.

I sent my mother an audio clip of the lastest segment of Family Guy that involves the Greased-Up Deaf Guy running around saying funny things. She was at first horrified that they were mocking hearing-impaired speech impediments, but the shock quickly turned to unstoppable laughter. In this gem of an episode G-uDG exclaims things such as:
"I didn't hurt anybody!"
"I know deep down I'm your friend!"
"Ahh! I'm touching on the candy!"

Now I have three other wacky sayings to add to "You're wasting your time!", "Never gonna catch me!", and "Go do something else!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home