Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pets


Wandering into Petco 'just for a look' is a really, really bad idea. I went in to check out their fancy mice and perhaps a goldfish, and I ended up enthralled with a cat who liked belly rubs and a ferret who played dead as he slept. The fish section was less interesting. You can't really play with a fish. I would like just to get fifteen or so from that huge-ass tank of a million feeder goldfish, just in case some die, but I am always incredibly grossed out when I see some goldfish eating their deceased brothers and sisters at the bottom of the tank. Bleh!
I last picked out a fancy mouse about four years ago, and it was an amazing mouse. These are the rodents that you are expected to feed to snakes. Their life expectancy is not lengthy. But fancy mouse Barry seemed to love his little plastic house in the laundry room, and lived for an astounding three years. My mother 'buried' him in his house.
I brought up owning a rat to my mother yesterday, just testing the waters, and clearly this is not an option. So sad.
Oh! I started working yesterday! It was okay, besides the obvious ugly burgundy vest and strangulatory white tuxedo shirt that flatters no one. Apparently they don't like to hire girls since there's only about three on the entire employee list and one of them is only temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home