Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Names

The mice are still doing well, as I am sure all are glad to hear. I am starting to be able to tell the difference between them. The more timid, reclusive mouse that I rarely see is noticably smaller, since the other daredevil mouse is the one who eats all the food. When she is sitting in the food bowl she almost looks pregnant, knock on wood. Neither of them have shown any interest in that tasty-looking Wood Chew Stick that I carefully placed in there. Not so much as a nibble on that guy. However, the big fat one does like a daily treat ball that looks like a Crunchberry. I still am drawing a blank as to names for them. I would like something really clever, like a good pun, but not so obscure that no one would get it. Plus, if you are overly witty, your mice will seem ridiculous. I was thinking perhaps some famous historical duo, but I got nothing. Would it matter if I gave them male names if they are girls? Would they grow up confused and repressed?

Today I have to go try and wheedle myself into a English 202 class that I hear is very stringently controlled as to class size. I'll save myself two hours and go see the professor at 12:30 rather than wait until class starts at 2:30. Plus, that's his lunch break so he'll be eager to get rid of me, and how much easier to do than to say 'yes', right?

I am wearing my funky pseudo-floral green print Goodwill dress today, and I must say that I am loving it. It flows well, it goes well with the shoes, and it looks cute as a skirt. At $9.99 it was a little pricier than I am used to, but I am a sucker for fashion.

Hee hee. This girl diagonally from me in the lab has totally been on Facebook for at least twenty minutes and is angling her monitor so that it's less obvious.

I think now I am just stalling so I don't have to be early to class and painfully converse with Spanish Partner. All right, I'll be strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home