Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Something Birthday

Yesterday was a combination birthday party for my father and my uncle. Dad brought home his Smooth-Tailed Deuce and was in love with that for most of the day. It's pretty sweet. I managed to separate the two of them long enough to get a picture of the motorcycle alone. I'll post that later.

All of my family was sitting on the porch and my great-uncle was telling some story about his Boston Terrier having puppies when he was little. He finishes up this tale by saying "and then I put them all in a sack and drowned them. I had to, you know. My foster mother made me. We couldn't afford to feed them."

And then there was silence. Depressed, introspective, unfestive silence. My mother finally broke the ice by exclaiming "Sheesh, partykiller!" Hit the nail on the head with that one.

The family and I watched Jurassic Park III last night at my request. Oh, that film is full of good memories. With our first DVD player we had the option to choose one of several "free" DVDs to go with it, a.k.a some really crappy movies that no one wanted to buy. The most promising movie in that gold mine was JPIII, and we must have watched it five or six times before breaking down and buying a new DVD. It's really not that bad. If for nothing else, I liked it since it had my favorite Hollywood hottie, William H. Macy. Something about him as Paul Kirby eerily reminded me of Ned Flanders. After he said "I'd bet my bottom dollar!" I was sure of it.

Today the festivities continue and we are going up to my grandmother's house for an Easter lunch/dinner since I have to be home before 6:00 to catch a ride home. We're eating pretty much the same thing as yesterday so I might have to gorge a little on candy before we leave. That should make for a pleasant car ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home