Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Knitting

Tal and I met up in the long, beautiful glass archway of the Life Science Building just to knit yesterday. Admittedly, the view could have been better since we saw either a bleak campus with cold-looking people, or a snowy campus with cold-looking people. I started to use this gray yarn that I innocently found at work in the lost and found box. The really old lost and found box. So I took it, but being a conscientious employee asked a coworker how long it had been hanging out upstairs. He looked at it, confused, and said that it had been there before he had started working eight months ago. Good enough for me.

I know that I'm just beginning, but the ends of my knitting are starting to be of some concern. The middle seems great; soft, bulky, the occasional dropped stitch but no worries. Now the ends, ha. They seem to practically ebb and flow. Tal says that on some I drop and some I add stitches, but honestly I don't remember doing that. I always try to end the right way. After awhile the ends start to look a little better, but they are, I don't know, wavy for lack of a better term.

Along with my PNC bank statement yesterday I received a shady check-looking thing for $15.00 "in Gas Vouchers" they are quick to point out. You have to call a 1-800 number to redeem it, but as I would be charged cell phone minutes and don't have a car anyway, am tempted to not do that.


Here's a new mouse pic; sorry.
They're adorable when running the wheel together. It's also funny when one loses momentum and gets flipped upside-down.



This is one of my all-time favorites that Thomas took while we were in Niagara. I think it's beautiful.


(click to enlarge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home