Friday, February 10, 2006

Ethical Dilemma

So my Spanish professor told me that he'd have my letter of recommendation done by today, and he handed it to me in an unsealed envelope with the brochure for the program. I got to my French class and looked at it. The envelope was open, so that meant that I could read the letter, right? Or did he just leave it open so I could take out the brochure? The letter was folded inside the envelope, so did the folding mean that it was confidential? I couldn't take it. I opened the letter.

"To the Director of the Summer Law Scholars:
I would like to wholeheartedly recommend Alicia to your program."

Alicia? That . . . . is not my name. Oh no! So now I am faced with the arduous task of having to confront him about this, while admitting that I read the letter right away. Luckily he was embarrassed about it so he said he'd redo it and give it to me on Monday.

Thank god for my questionable ethics, huh? How terrible it would have been to have them receive a letter of recommendation for an Alicia.

Now all that is left is my resume. Oh lord, the resume. It's going to be terrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home